What is being proposed?
The City of London is planning on reconstructing Dundas Street from Adelaide Street North to Ontario Street in 2020 to improve the quality and reliability of your water and sewer infrastructure. The design for this project will utilize the Old East Village Secondary Plan and the East-West Bikeway Evaluation as building blocks to improve the streetscape design.
- Detailed design, including private sewer and water service investigations (2019)
- Construction in 2020 of new watermain, storm sewers and sanitary sewers
- New streetscape, urban design elements and protected cycling infrastructure
What are the next steps?
Council approval of construction.
Phase 1 construction starts: April, 2020
Phase 1 construction ends: November, 2020
Phase 2 construction starts: April, 2021
Phase 2 construction ends: November, 2021
What's Happened So Far?
Detailed design initiated: November, 2018
Public Information Centre #1: June, 2019
Public Information Centre #2: December 5, 2019
City finalizes design: December 2019
Home Owner Correspondence
- Proposed secondary plan, 19 Feb 2019
- Video of public participation meeting, 30 April 2018 (YouTube)
- Notification. of Public Information Centre #1
- East-West bikeway between Downtown and Old East Village
- Streetscape Roll Plan
- Servicing Roll Plan
- Notification of Public Information Centre #2
- Welcome, Precedents & Cross-sections
- Core Construction Communications Examples
The overview page on the city's Get Involved web site contains more documents and ways to get involved.
I'm interested to know what you think about the secondary plan for the Old East Village corridor. Please provide your feedback in the box below, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or call me at 226-268-7536 (mobile).
Trevor Hitchon, Project Manager, 519-661-4965 ext. 5925 or email@example.com